Wednesday 23 January 2013

Dairy Free Flapjacks

I’ve been a bit slow on updating the blog recently. This has been in part down to me suffering from a case of ‘what did I write that on?’ syndrome. Whenever I get creative in the kitchen I always end up jotting down recipe details on whatever comes to hand whether that be the back of an envelope or on a torn off piece of cereal packet. I then have a habit of shoving these scrawlings into a draw or shoving them between the pages of a cook book and often completely lose track of the safe places I have squirreled my recipes away to!


There were a few recipes that I had made before Christmas that had done a disappearance act on me and I had given up hope of being able to blog about them. But after a thorough rummage through a box of ‘important stuff’ I finally recovered the missing recipes. And so after a little bit of a delay here is a dairy free flap jack recipe.



INGREDIENTS

200g melted soya spread
125g soft brown sugar
125g caster sugar
4 tablespoon golden syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
150g raisins
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
300g oats
100g oat bran

Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C / 350 deg F

Place the spread, the sugars, golden syrup and molasses into a large saucepan. Place the saucepan over a low heat and stir until the ingredients have melted and are well combined.

Remove the saucepan from the heat and add all of the remaining dry ingredients to the melted mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until fully combined.

Spread the mixture into a 20 x 30 cm tin which has been lined with greaseproof paper.

Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a shopping board and dividing into squares.

The flapjacks can be stored in an air tight container until you are ready to munch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment